Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SNU in world top 100 universities in Scientific Paper Performance

Seoul National University placed 85th in the "2009 Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities." according to the Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan.

The Taiwanese institute has assessed and ranked for world's 500 universities for scientific paper performance. The three criteria was used research productivity, which accounts for 20 percent of the total score, research impact, accounting for 30 percent, and research excellence, 50 percent.

Harvard topped the list with a total score of 96.14, followed by Johns Hopkins University at 52.67 and Stanford University at 51.63. SNU's score came to 21.76. Among other Korean universities, Yonsei University and Korea University ranked 200th and 238th, respectively.

Following those, KAIST, POSTEK, Hanyang University, Pusan National University, Kyungpook National University and Sungkyunkwan University were ranked among the top 500 universities.

Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2009/08/117_50265.html

No comments:


aredia lawsuit

Site Meter